From the Heart {Merino Wool & Chiffon}

6 Nov

As promised, I wanted to share my take on one of the skirts I scored in my recent Target haul.

Clothing really is what you make it. A cheap (and arguably matronly) polka dot full skirt, gets quirky real quick when paired  with the unexpected.

Spots on dots for shoes, a sweater in bold colors and barely there jewelry that still makes an impact, does the job.

(big hair and hot pink lipstick is, of course, optional).

Thanks for reading; talk soon.

Sweater: Jcrew

Skirt: Target

Shoes: Zara

Necklace: BaubleBar

Ring: H&M

Care to hear more of my random musings and chatter? If you don’t already, follow me on Twitter and Like me on Facebook!

About these ads

9 Responses to “From the Heart {Merino Wool & Chiffon}”

1. Fredetta November 6, 2012 at 4:58 pm #

this is such a cute look! Love the sweater!

• Addi Enne November 6, 2012 at 7:39 pm #

Thank you! When I saw that sweater, I had an instant ‘get in my bag now’ reaction. Doesn’t happen often, but when it does, I try to answer the call!

2. juliette November 7, 2012 at 12:32 am #

Lovely combo -I’ve been trying to decide how to style a simliar skirt and was at a loss. LOVED the haul video the other day – it made me want to run down to Target right then! Glad you’re back blogging….

• Addi Enne November 7, 2012 at 8:28 pm #

Thank you, thank you! It’s funny, I have another, similar skirt from ASOS, but in beige. It’s been sitting in my closet for ages and for the life of me, I can’t figure out how to style it. This one just clicked. It’s a simple print, but I feel like it really lends itself to bright pops of color. Try it with a bold top or piece of jewelry; I think you’ll enjoy it!

3. Vixen November 7, 2012 at 6:33 am #

This outfit is beautifully put together, that sweater put a big smile on my face. Its adorable.

• Addi Enne November 7, 2012 at 8:25 pm #

Thank you! I’m struggling to not wear it everyday!

4. Veronica November 7, 2012 at 8:03 pm #

I really love that combination! And the fat from the side picture!

• Addi Enne November 7, 2012 at 8:25 pm #

Thank you! PS. Quiet as it’s kept, there’s fat in all my pictures, no matter the angle :)

5. mermaidens November 14, 2012 at 5:56 am #

Eeee I love this! That sweater is adorable!