On the Bright Side {Stripes, Neutrals & Brights}

19 Nov

Just a quick look at something I wore today. Today’s weather was extra grey; a cacophony of stripes, brights and dots seemed like just the right amount of sartorial dissonance.

This striped top is a random find from H&M plus line. And just as an aside, I must admit; I’ve been pleased with what I’ve found there. Then again, H&M has never been my fashion all in all, so I did not expect their plus size line to change that. As was always the case, a few pieces merited a take home (which I did); most were throw-away.

Even though I’ve had natural hair for ages (21 years to be exact), I’m still learning my hair. I spent a great deal of my time thinking that it wasn’t enough. As in, it was too curly to be worn out and then, not curly enough to be sensational. As of late, I’ve learned to make peace with my hair. I let it be. I don’t manipulate it as much and I wear styles that accentuate what my hair naturally does. Admittedly, it can get a little ‘Sideshow Bob-ish,’ but,  so far, so good (Plus, Sideshow’s hair was kind of dope).

Thanks for reading, As always, talk soon.

Shirt: H&M

Button Down: Jones NY

Pants: Gap

Shoes: Zara

Care to hear more of my random musings and chatter? If you don’t already, follow me on Twitter and Like me on Facebook! If you already do, don’t be a stranger; drop me a line!

About these ads

6 Responses to “On the Bright Side {Stripes, Neutrals & Brights}”

1. Eat.Style.Play November 21, 2012 at 12:39 am #

I wish I could find H&M plus here in DC, you would think with it being the capital of the US they would think to have something here, but nope. I like the sweater and the laying!

2. Veronica November 21, 2012 at 11:56 am #

I do that too – dress extra brightly when it’s rainy and grey out – and it almost always gives my mood a small bump:)

3. Ylenia November 23, 2012 at 7:54 pm #

I love yor style you look gorgeous!!!

Love, Ylenia from Longuette

• Addi Enne November 26, 2012 at 2:17 am #

Thank you so so much, Ylenia!

4. tharjye November 24, 2012 at 4:49 pm #

Love the look the sweater is very pretty h&m will be opening a store near me an i cant wait!

• Addi Enne November 26, 2012 at 2:17 am #

Thank you! I don’t get out to my local H&Ms often, but when I do, I do well over there!