Fox Trot {Animal Caricature & Tweed}

26 Nov

This year, Mama Curve decreed that no kitchen of hers (or mine) would be ripped asunder for Thanksgiving efforts.

So we took our bellies and parked them at restaurant in Midtown.

I realize that no one is really talking about winter shorts this season, that doesn’t make them any less adorable. One must use more than just the trends to define their fashion choices, you know?

Speaking of trends, I’ve been enamored with animal caricature sweaters and wanted one I could wear at work and at play.  I love the whimsy,  but the ones I’ve seen are a little too twee.

Let’s be candid: I look like a cross between a Cabbage Patch doll and young Gary Coleman;  workplace ageism is real and my fight for professional legitimacy never ends. So, where am I going in a fuzzy, pastel pink sweater with a baby chick on the front?

This sweater created an entry point for me. The Autumn-ready color and well place fox detail are great way to do the trend ‘quirky,’ not cute.

But meanwhile, all that carrying on about ‘cute vs quirky’ and I end up serendipitously styling my hair into bow.

This hair was a happy accident. I regret nothing.

Thanks for reading; Talk soon.

Sweater: ModCloth (sized small; I’m a 14/16 on top and got a xxl)

Shorts: Forever 21

Shoes: Michael Kors

Earrings: Kate Spade

Care to hear more of my random musings and chatter? If you don’t already, follow me on Twitter and Like me on Facebook! If you already do, don’t be a stranger; drop me a line!

About these ads

10 Responses to “Fox Trot {Animal Caricature & Tweed}”

1. Jeniese November 26, 2012 at 2:11 am #

Love it!!! I’m about anything with a fox on it for some reason right now.

• Addi Enne November 26, 2012 at 2:16 am #

Thanks! I’m feeling foxes lately too! It’s such a sly animal!

2. Fredetta November 26, 2012 at 6:55 am #

loveee this look! cute sweater and i def have to find some winter shorts!

• Addi Enne November 26, 2012 at 6:48 pm #

@Fredetta Thank you! You know, since winter shorts are not on the ‘trend bulleye’ they are harder to find this year. But you can buy a pair of inexpensive pants on ebay in a winter fabric, take them to the tailor and have them cut the legs off and cuff them. Thus, winter shorts. (May do a blog post on that, actually…)

3. tharjye November 26, 2012 at 1:18 pm #

Great look especially the shorts with the stocking love it an the hair is amazing!

4. Vixen November 26, 2012 at 1:35 pm #

I am absolutely jealous! My word, what a beautiful body, I wish my stomach was as flat as yours (tell me please, do you wear a girdle or body shaper?) What beautiful hair and yes, shorts are adorable, winter or summer!

• Addi Enne November 26, 2012 at 6:45 pm #

Thank you kindly! My stomach has been described as many things, but never flat, because it ain’t, lol. I do wear shapers from time to time but I’m not wearing one here. That appearance of a flat tummy may just be about the way I’m angled in the picture or how the shorts and tights lay on my body in relation to where my tummy begins to protrude.

It was also pre-Thankgiving feast so you, know that may play a role, too!

5. Vivi November 30, 2012 at 10:45 pm #

Great look! I really like the fox sweater. Pairing it with tweed shorts and tights was the right call. I’m now inspired!

6. Maria December 6, 2012 at 8:05 pm #

I saw your post on Lucky and had to come by! That fox sweater is adorable! Great idea on the shorts, too.