Neutral Impact {[More]Dots & Colorblocks}

28 Nov

One day, I will get over dots. But today is not that day, friends.

I’ve been trying to think through why I’m so attracted to dotted patterns.  I think it’s the idea that such a simplistic pattern creates something so graphic. More and more, I’m taken with this idea that impactful dressing is not necessarily just about color or skin, but rather about employing wit, boldness and discipline to  combine small, (but great) details that build, one upon the other. I’m not necessarily saying I’m the master of this school of thought, but I will say that I’m an apt pupil.

Thanks for reading; talk soon.

Jacket & Shirt: ASOS

Skirt: Ann Taylor

Shoes: Zara

Earrings: Vintage

Ring: Low Luv x Erin Wasson

Care to hear more of my random musings and chatter? If you don’t already, follow me on Twitter and Like me on Facebook! If you already do, don’t be a stranger; drop me a line!

About these ads

7 Responses to “Neutral Impact {[More]Dots & Colorblocks}”

1. juliette November 28, 2012 at 4:33 pm #

I. LOVE. THIS. Especially the way the shoes finish it off with just a subtle surprise. I have GOT to get a polka dot top, I just can’t find the right one! I’d love a one shoulder tank I think….. Anyway, the hair, as always, is flawless.

2. jewel November 29, 2012 at 3:50 am #

Love the opening line to your post. made me laugh.. I too love polka dots and I dont think Im anywhere near letting it go. Just so cute..

3. Vixen November 29, 2012 at 12:35 pm #

You are gorgeous! Your style is impeccable, even the way you wear “trends” is unique to you alone. Keep posting as you give me much needed fashion inspiration more so because I feel that my body shape is similar to yours so you give me loads of ideas on how I can rock my favorite pieces. :)

4. Sarah November 29, 2012 at 2:12 pm #

hi, i found out about your from curlynikki.com and I must say I’m glad I came because girl that outfit is CUTE!!!! :)

5. tharjye November 30, 2012 at 2:26 am #

Just Beautiful love the look an the touch of blue on the shoes gives it that pop……..The red lip looks gorgeous on you!

6. Chichi O. (@supplechic) November 30, 2012 at 11:54 pm #

omg just came by your blog and cant tell how excited i was to see that you started posting again and off course i love your style. I know I am late!! but i just wanted to say please keep doing what you do

7. Vivi December 7, 2012 at 1:14 pm #

Nice look! Something about polka dots that really make an outfit, though. I can’t really pinpoint why. But it does.